Colonial Barbers was established sometime in the 1920’s by Natale Giarmo. Natale started his career as a barber in the Balmoral Building in Shawsheen Village. In the late 1920’s he broke off on his own and opened Shawsheen Barbers in the Aberdeen Building. He owned the shop until 1964. Sam Reitano purchased the shop from Natale in 1964 and moved the location of the shop to the Colonial Plaza across from Whole Foods, changing the name to Colonial Barbers. Sam sold the shop in 2006 to Paul Medolo and that’s when Paul moved the shop to its current location. Dennis Lahaye purchased the shop from Paul in 2017 and is very proud to be only the 4th owner in the shops long history.
The Original Balmoral Building in Andover.